“Hypnotherapy can make a breakthrough very quickly because fear is in the mind. It’s not the spider that makes us scared it’s the mere thought of a spider. The fear is there without actually seeing the spider. A person who is scared of spiders has a conversation going in their heads. I am scared of spiders because I can’t stop thinking of this huge spider in my head. This is a sign of they are thinking of a big picture of a spider so that is what needs to be changed.”
How do we change that picture? Here is the sequence of questions Georgios will pose:
· Think about what you are scared of. If you pay close attention you will notice you have a set image in your head.
· Pay attention to where is it in relation to your head. Is it near, is it far, located to the left or right?
· Notice the size is it relatively small or large?
· In order to change the way you feel you need to reverse it. Usually for most people the picture is near and big so imagine this image shrinking down and move it far away from you.
· Check now how different it feels.